Running on Blocks
We spent most of the day today working on code. This is the more interesting stuff for us, but harder to write about and less exciting for everyone else reading. We had an extremely hard time dealing with the slowness of our serial connection with the computer. The consequence of this was that every once in a while, the connection would drop the 'stop' command and the robot would keep moving. This was concerning for obvious reasons, so we spent an inordinate amount of time reworking the code to quash the issue.
We also got our GPS up and running and saw 4 satellites for the first time, and Yeti was able to interpret the GPS info for the first time which was exciting. We're now where we would have liked to be about 2 weeks ago, but we've been working around the clock as it's been.
Tomorrow we'll take Yeti outside to test GPS navigation and the new manual driving code. We only have one day to get up and running before we head up to the ice sheet transition on Saturday.